Saver Plus is a matched savings and financial education program, offered by community organisations in every state and territory.
Saver Plus assists individuals and families on lower incomes to build assets and improve financial capability. It has supported thousands of lower-income earners to develop a lasting savings habit.
Saver Plus offers:
- up to $500 in matched savings for education costs
- fun, free and informal financial education workshops
- assistance and support from a Saver Plus coordinator to establish a savings goal and develop a savings habit.
Participants make regular deposits towards a savings goal over a 10-month period and attend workshops to build their financial management skills.
When participants reach their savings goal, ANZ matches the amount (up to $500) towards education costs including uniforms, text books, laptops, sports equipment, music tuition, TAFE or apprenticeship fees and much more.
Who can join?
Participants must meet all of these criteria:
- be at least 18 years old
- have a child at school or starting next year OR be attending vocational education
- have some regular income from your work (you or your partner)*
- have a Centrelink, Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card
- have not received matched funds from Saver Plus before (you or your partner)
- be in receipt of an eligible Commonwealth social security benefit, allowance or payment (contact your local Coordinator for more information).
Please note: From 1 January 2019 you must also be in receipt of an eligible Commonwealth social security benefit, allowance or payment. Many types of income and Centrelink payments are eligible, your local coordinator can confirm this with you when they call to discuss joining the program
Due to COVID-19, new participants will be permitted to do their financial education workshops online rather than in-person. This temporary arrangement will continue until government restrictions on social distancing are lifted.
Please speak to your local coordinator for more information.
Established in 2003, Saver Plus is Australia’s largest and longest-running financial education and matched savings program. Since 2003, over 45,000 Saver Plus participants have saved more than $24 million, with ANZ matching $19 million for education expenses.
Saver Plus is an initiative of BSL and ANZ and delivered in partnership with Berry Street, The Smith Family, and other local community agencies – Bethany and Ballarat Group Training. The program is funded by ANZ and the Australian Department of Social Services.
Awards and research
Saver Plus has been acknowledged as one of the most internationally successful matched savings programs with various awards.