Aged care services
For almost 90 years, BSL has worked with older people who are disadvantaged, creating safe spaces and providing services to maximise quality of life.
Through our Care at Home service, social connection hubs and residential care services, you can make choices about getting the care you need to live a healthy life and keep your independence.
How we work
- We believe that at every stage of life people should be safe, comfortable, valued and connected to the wider community.
- Through our holistic case management approach, we take the time to get to know you and tailor a plan to suit your individual preferences and circumstances.
- You drive the decisions. Whether you decide to stay in your home and receive support, live in independent living or live in one of our residential services, we’ll help you find the solution that works best.
- We use our extensive experience in the aged care sector to provide advice on your options, even if you don’t choose us.
- Our staff and volunteers welcome people, couples or families of any ethnicity, religious belief, cultural background, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Help to live at home – Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Packages
We understand that continuing to live at home will help you to maintain independence, choice and quality of life. BSL offers services under the Commonwealth Home Support Program and is a Home Care Package provider.
Commonwealth Home Support Program
Our range of services include domestic assistance, social connection hubs and respite care.
Home Care Packages
BSL is a leading provider of home care packages and pride ourselves on our holistic case management approach. We work with you to provide services tailored to meet your needs which may include:
- personal care
- housekeeping and domestic assistance
- transport for shopping and appointments
- in-home meal preparation
- social activities and companionship
- in-home nursing
gardening and home maintenance related to safety needs
- in-home physiotherapy, massage and/or occupational therapy.
After setting up a home care package plan with you, we stay in regular contact to ensure your plan continues to meet your needs over time.
Residential aged care and independent living
Our inner Melbourne aged care residences and independent living units enable residents to make active choices about their lives.
Our new architecturally-designed residence in Clifton Hill opened in March 2020, offering a superb quality of life in a quiet, inner-city location.
Close to parks and open spaces and public transport, the inclusive residence has warm and inviting facilities and features. Each room can be personalised and has an ensuite toilet and shower. There are many welcoming communal spaces including a ground floor café, gym, hairdresser and meditation room. Nutritious meals are prepared by an onsite chef. Clinical support is provided by registered nurses, and an onsite physiotherapist. Residents with complex care needs can call on support from other professionals including a social worker and visiting health care practitioners.
Social connection hubs
We offer recreational activity programs in four locations, Fitzroy, Carrum Downs, Frankston and Craigieburn, helping older people and their carers to connect with the community, make friends and maintain wellbeing.
We appreciate sometimes carers need a break and some extra support. We offer a range of flexible support services including support group activities, day, evening and overnight respite care for older people, in warm and welcoming surroundings in Frankston and Carrum Downs. We also have a carer support group that meets monthly in Frankston.
Our Banksia Centre in Frankston provides a range of services for people experiencing dementia, including their carers. A range of day and evening activities are available as well as overnight stays in our purpose built, homelike, setting. Skilled clinical staff ensure your health and wellbeing needs are met.