$250 Power Saving Bonus
If you need help accessing the Power Saving Bonus, we can assist you.
The Power Saving Bonus is a $250 payment from the Victorian Government to help with energy bills.
Are you eligible?
Victorian households are eligible for the Power Saving Bonus if they have an electricity account and at least one member receives one of these benefits:
- JobSeeker, or
- Pension, including age pension, disability support pension, carer payment and single parenting payment, or
- Youth Allowance, or
- Abstudy or Austudy, or
- A DVA Pensioner Concession Card
How you can apply
You can access the Power Saving Bonus in two ways:
- Do it yourself by
- If you would like assistance claiming the bonus, call us on or use our to register your interest.
What you need to have when you apply
When you apply for the Power Saving Bonus you will need to have:
- Your electricity bill, either on paper or electronically.
- Your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN), so the government can verify you. This is listed on your concession card and letters from Centrelink.
- Your bank details (BSB and account number), so the government can pay you via electronic funds transfer.
Not sure if you're eligible?
If you’re not sure if you are eligible, please give us a call to enquire. If you’re not eligible, we may be able to help you in other ways, like finding you a cheaper energy offer, via our – call (free call) or .
Terms and conditions
For more information
Please note: the Brotherhood of St. Laurence and our partners are assisting people to access the Power Saving Bonus. We do NOT set the eligibility for the Power Saving Bonus and have no control over who receives the payment.
Proudly supported by the Victorian Government.