Getting involved with Stepping Stones
We are currently seeking enthusiastic women interested in imparting their knowledge and skills to refugee and migrant women wanting to start small businesses in Australia.
What does it mean to be a mentor for Stepping Stones to Small Business?
Mentors provide one-on-one support, guidance and encouragement to refugee and migrant women who hope to start their own businesses. Mentors can also provide group support by running a workshop.
They build long-term relationships with these women that will help them achieve their goals and overcome cultural barriers, isolation and lack of confidence.
Mentors help participants to:
- understand financial systems in Australia
- understand Australian small business systems
- develop small business planning and marketing skills
- find traineeships and work experience
- adapt their business experience to the complexity and compliance issues of business ownership in Australia.
Interested in becoming a mentor?
If you are interested in learning more, please contact: