BSL staff receive flexible employment conditions, competitive salaries and a supportive workplace.
Our people matter to us. That’s why we strive to create a supportive workplace that offers competitive salaries for our sector and flexible employment conditions.
We recognise the pressures of the work-life balance, which is why we provide a family-friendly working environment. BSL offers twelve weeks paid maternity leave and two weeks paid leave for the partner of a birthing parent.
We recognise that our staff are more effective when they have the right support systems in place.
Some of the ways we support our staff are:
- regular one-on-one structured support from managers/supervisors
- an employment assistance program, providing free and confidential personal counselling services
BSL has three Enterprise Agreements which cover most of our staff . These agreements are the result of negotiations with a number of unions and staff representatives. They consider regular salary increases and a wide variety of flexible working conditions.
Salary packaging reduces the amount of tax paid, so staff can make the most of their income.
Other benefits include:
- working from home arrangements
- accrued days off
- purchased leave arrangements
- leave loading (17.5%)
- career breaks
- long service leave
- phased retirement options
- learning and development opportunities