Transport Assistant Frankston
Assist with the safe pick-up and delivery of our older clients and those living with a disability, taking them to and from activities that promote friendship and personal development.
LOCATION: Banksia Centre
HOURS: Mondays and Fridays, 8.30–10am and 2.30–4pm
The Brotherhood's Banksia Day Centre in Frankston provides social support for older people and those with a disability who are experiencing social isolation, through leisure programs that promote friendship and personal development.
As our assistant, you will:
- assist passengers into a bus
- escort passengers to and from their home
- assist passengers with their seat belts as required
- assist the driver to load walkers and wheelchairs into the bus
- assist passengers to alight from the bus and escort passengers to the centres
- answer mobile telephone and relay information to the bus driver.
You will need a genuine commitment and interest in working with the elderly, and the ability to work well with others and take instruction.
- Wear safety vest at all times
- Ensure a zero alcohol level
- Sit in the back of the bus at all times
- Report any OHS hazards to the Program Coordinator
- Attend training as required
- Inform Banksia Services if unable to attend the centre
- A genuine commitment and interest in working with the elderly
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and take instruction
- Understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
- All staff and volunteers are expected to behave in accordance with the principles of the Brotherhood of St Laurence Code of Ethical Behaviour.
For more information, read the Transport Assistant position description (PDF, 158KB)
About the program
Banksia Services provides practical support and respite care to enhance the quality of life of older people who are isolated in the community. The Banksia Centre in Frankston offers a range of activities in a supportive and dementia-friendly environment. Read more »
Please email your expression of interest with an optional resume to volunteer(at)bsl.org.au
We currently have positions available at Frankston and Carrum Downs, so if applying for either of these roles, please indicate which is your intended location. Please be aware that the required hours are different for both positions.
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire.
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.