At our Homework Clubs volunteer specialist tutors assist secondary students with their studies in a friendly and supportive environment.
Our Homework Clubs in Fitzroy and Frankston help students with homework, exam preparation and on pathways to further education and careers.
The Homework Club in Fitzroy runs on weekdays after school for secondary students, with a focus on those from culturally diverse backgrounds.
The Frankston Homework Club is operated in partnership with the New Hope Foundation and Woodleigh School on Tuesdays after school, for refugee students aged 15 to 19.
At the Homework Clubs volunteer specialist tutors assist students in a range of subject areas, including maths, English and science, and help with study skills including research, essay writing and time management. They provide specific support for students whose first language is not English.
They also help with planning tertiary education and career pathways, and with job application skills.
At Fitzroy the multiple study areas include a computer room with printing facilities and a quiet area. Students also have access to the Fitzroy Library.
When and where
The Fitzroy Homework Club runs Monday to Friday from 4pm to 6pm during school terms, with school holiday sessions also available, at the Fitzroy Library, 128 Moor Street, Fitzroy.
The Frankston Homework Club runs on Tuesdays during school terms, from 4.30pm to 6pm, at the Brotherhood's High Street Centre, 24-26 High Street, Frankston.
The Homework Club offers:
- volunteer specialist tutors in a range of subject areas, including Maths, English and Science
- study skills including research, essay writing and time management
- help with planning tertiary education and career pathways plus job application skills
- specific support for students with English as an additional language
- informal mentoring from volunteer tutors
- multiple study areas, including a computer room with printing facilities and a quiet area
- access to library and VCE resources.
Who is eligible
The Fitzroy Homework Club is open to secondary school students from Year 7 to 12 (including VCE and VCAL) and to English-language students up to the age of 25 years.
The Frankston Homework Club is open to refugee students aged 15 to 19 who live in Frankston and the Mornington Peninsula region.
We acknowledge the following partners for their valuable contributions to the Homework Clubs: