Creating Futures for Youth
Creating Futures for Youth empowers young people to pursue their career goals and build their capacity to work or undertake further learning.
Creating Futures for Youth assists people aged 16 to 24 in the Rosebud, Hastings, Mornington and Frankston region who are not currently studying or working.
The program offers the following:
- individual career planning
- workshops that focus on practical training in a supportive environment
- work ‘tasters’ that include tours of different workplaces, and conversations with people from various industries
- work experience and volunteering opportunities
- ongoing support after the program for six months or more.
Who is eligible
Young people may be eligible if they
- are aged 16 to 24 years
- live in the Rosebud, Hastings, Mornington or Frankston region
- are not currently studying or working.
Creating Futures for Youth is based in Rosebud, Hastings, Mornington and Frankston.
We also offer the Transition to Work program for young people in this region and in Broadmeadows.
Employment and industry partnerships are essential to this program. They provide young people in the program with exposure to different career paths and help them build their community networks. Employers can get involved by:
- sharing industry knowledge and insights into workplace expectations, through guest speaking or mentoring
- participating in workshops such as interview skills training and mock interviews
- offering opportunities for work tasters, work experience, traineeships and job opportunities
- providing links and contacts to increase employment prospects for young people.
We have developed this program in partnership with the Citi Foundation. View the Citi Foundation website.