Given the Chance Jobs Victoria Employment Program
Our innovative program works with employers to create employment pathways for people who are unemployed and disadvantaged.
Our Given the Chance Jobs Victoria employment program is a service for disadvantaged jobseekers, who live in large parts of Melbourne's western, northern and south-eastern suburbs, and on the Mornington Peninsula.
Disadvantaged jobseekers include:
- people seeking asylum
- people from a refugee background
- people unemployed for more than six months
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people
- mature age people (aged 50+)
- retrenched workers
- young people aged 15-24 (not engaged in education, training or employment)
- youth justice clients
- sole parents
- people with disability
- social housing tenants
- veterans and/or their families
- people experiencing homelessness
- people on low incomes.
Jobseekers receive one to one assistance to create an employment pathway with a focus on developing new skills and renewing confidence.
This project is supported by the Victorian Government through Jobs Victoria.