- Refugees, immigration & multiculturalism
- Community Support Program
- Cross-Cultural Responsiveness Training
- Employment Pathways People Seeking Asylum
- Integrated Family Services
- Parent School Connect
- Refugee Action Program
- Refugee Child Outreach
- ReSource Youth
- Service and Community Hubs
- Stepping Stones
- Support People Seeking Asylum
- Youth Transition Support Pilot Program
Stepping Stones mentors
We are currently seeking enthusiastic women interested in imparting their knowledge and skills to refugee and migrant women wanting to start small businesses in Australia.
What does it mean to be a mentor for Stepping Stones?
Mentors provide one-on-one support, guidance and encouragement to refugee and migrant women who hope to start their own businesses. They build long-term relationships with these women that will help them achieve their goals and overcome cultural barriers, isolation and lack of confidence.
Mentors help participants to:
- understand financial systems in Australia
- understand Australian small business systems
- develop small business planning and marketing skills
- find traineeships and work experience
- adapt their business experience to the complexity and compliance issues of business ownership in Australia.