Banksia Services Frankston
The centre offers a range of supportive activities for people living with dementia. Community involvement is also emphasised at the Centre to promote wellbeing and social connections.
The Banksia Centre in Frankston offers a range of activities in a supportive and dementia-friendly environment. Members are encouraged to pursue past interests such as gardening or other outdoor hobbies. Art and music therapy, indoor bowls and board games are also on offer.
Community involvement is emphasised to promote wellbeing and social connections.
Carers can also put their mind at ease and take a break while we care for their loved ones.
Individuals may be eligible for Banksia Services Frankston if they live in the City of Frankston, or some parts of the City of Kingston, Casey or the Mornington Peninsula Shire, and also meet one of the three following criteria:
- They are frail, older people aged 65 years and over or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- They are carers of frail older people aged 65 years and over, or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. However, please note that the person they care for will be the direct recipients of the Brotherhood’s respite services.
- They are aged 65 years and over, or 55 years and over if they have a disability, and meet specific program criteria of the Home and Community Care (HACC) Program.
Features of the centre include:
- stimulating and meaningful activities
- centre-based respite programs and planned activity groups
- evening respite care
- flexible short break stays delivered across four days
- a secured and dementia friendly setting
- packages of in-home respite
- carer support
- community excursions
- raised garden beds
- weekly community outings program
- Younger Onset Dementia Social Support Group
- home cooked meals.
Pricing for our day and respite programs range between $12-$15 depending on the activity.
The Centre is Funded by: