No Interest Loan Scheme
The No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) is run by Good Shepherd Microfinance and provides individuals and families on low incomes with safe, fair and affordable credit.
Loan amounts can be as little as $300 or as much as $1200 for essential goods and services. Once your application is approved, repayments are set up at an affordable amount for 12 to 18 months.
The goods and services the loans help cover may include but are not limited to:
- household items such as refrigerators, washing machines, stoves, dryers, freezers and some furniture
- some medical and dental services
- educational essentials such as computers and text books.
To qualify for NILS you must:
- have a Health Care Card/Pension Card
- reside in your current premises for more than three months
- show a willingness and capacity to repay the loan.
NILS is run by Good Shepherd Microfinance.
Call 13 NILS (13 64 57) or visit NILS.com.au to find your nearest provider.