Help with dental care
Our program helps people who can’t afford dental care to access free or low-cost dentistry.
BSL’s Dental Care Program helps advocate for people with a healthcare card, to access low-cost community dentistry for emergency care. Please note this is not inclusive of dentures or orthodontics.Many people experiencing disadvantage go without dental care. When people with painful or unsightly teeth have their dental health restored, their overall health and wellbeing can be improved.
History and research
- hospital admissions from dental conditions are the largest category of preventable acute hospital admissions
- almost a quarter of adults reported feeling self-conscious or embarrassed because of oral health problems
- children in the lowest socio-economic areas had 70% more tooth decay than children in the highest socio-economic areas
- adults on the lowest incomes were almost 60 times more likely to have no teeth than those on the highest incomes
- Indigenous Australians were twice as likely to have untreated decay compared to other Australians.
Eligibility and contact
People who reside in Victoria, hold a Health Care Card and are in need of emergency dental care are eligible for the program.
Please complete the form below to let us know how we may be able to help you.
You can send us your contact details by email, but we will be able to respond to you faster if the online form is completed.
Dental Services Request Form
If you kindly fill out this form, we will contact you as soon as possible.