Homework Club Frankston
Our tutors help secondary and tertiary students with their studies in a friendly and supportive environment.
Our Frankston Homework Club forms part of the Homework Learning Support Initiative (HLSI), supporting South Sudanese community needs in the Frankston area.
To address the needs of community members, seven specific activity types are currently provided through the HLSI: Homework Club, Early Years Program, Cultural Awareness Training, Mentoring, Adult Conversation, and Community Information Sessions.
Homework Club offers:
- volunteer specialist tutors in a range of subject areas, including Maths, English and Science
- help with study skills including research, essay writing and time management
- help with planning tertiary education and career pathways plus preparing job applications
- specific support for students with English as an additional language
- informal mentoring from volunteer tutors.
Who is eligible
The HLSI supports the educational engagement and social inclusion of children, youth and families from refugee backgrounds who are facing disadvantage.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) health emergency, our Homework Clubs are using remote learning and support. We are using various tools to make sure students can still be connected to the support they need.
When and where
The Frankston Homework and Learning Support Initiative runs on Tuesdays during school terms, from 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm, at the Ebdale Street Community Centre, Ebdale Street, Frankston, Victoria 3199.