Homework Club Fitzroy
Our tutors help secondary and tertiary students with their studies in a friendly and supportive environment.
Our Homework Clubs Fitzroy helps students with homework, exam preparation and on pathways to further education and careers.
The Homework Club runs on weekdays after school for secondary and tertiary students, with a focus on those from culturally diverse backgrounds. The multiple study zones include a computer room with printing facilities and a quiet area. Students also have access to the Fitzroy Library.
Homework Club offers:
- volunteer specialist tutors in a range of subject areas, including Maths, English and Science
- help with study skills including research, essay writing and time management
- help with planning tertiary education and career pathways plus preparing job applications
- specific support for students with English as an additional language
- informal mentoring from volunteer tutors
- access to library and VCE resources in Fitzroy.
Who is eligible
Homework Club is open to secondary school students from Year 7 to 12 (including VCE and VCAL) and to English-language students up to the age of 25 years.
From Term 2, due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) health emergency, Homework Club has been using remote learning and support. We are using various tools to make sure students can still be connected to the support they need.
When and where
Homework Club runs Monday to Friday from 4 pm to 6 pm during school terms, with school holiday sessions also available, at the Fitzroy Library, 128 Moor Street, Fitzroy. Additional sessions are held on Tuesday and Wednesday from 6 pm to 8 pm for Year 11 and 12 and early tertiary students.