BSL Jobs Victoria
Our Given the Chance Jobs Victoria program provides a service for long-term jobseekers, who live in large parts of Melbourne's western, northern and south-eastern suburbs, and on the Mornington Peninsula.
Long-term jobseekers include
- people unemployed for more than six months
- people seeking asylum
- people from a refugee background
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people
- mature age people (aged 50+)
- retrenched workers
- young people aged 15 to 24 (not engaged in education, training or employment)
- youth justice clients
- sole parents
- people with disability (not registered with a Disability Employment Service)
- social housing tenants
- veterans and/or their families
- people experiencing homelessness
- people on low incomes
- people affected by COVID-19
- people registered with a Job Active provider.
This program utilises an innovative recruitment model, working intensively with employers and jobseekers. Hiring through BSL Jobs Victoria gives employers the opportunity to grow and diversify their workforce, foster social benefit and inclusion in workplace communities, and meet their social procurement objectives.
Jobseekers receive one to one assistance to create an employment pathway. This includes help navigating the Australian working cultures, interview skills and connection with employment opportunities. Everything is done with a focus on developing new skills and renewing confidence.
- Visit BSL Jobs Victoria on LinkedIn
- Visit BSL Jobs Victoria on Facebook
How to apply
To apply to Given the Chance Jobs Victoria, please download, fill out and return the application form to the relevant email below.
Contact BSL Jobs Victoria teams
Employers interested in learning more about the program can contact:
This program is supported by Jobs Victoria. Helping Victoria get back to work.