Peep Learning Together Program (PeepLTP) and training
Supporting parents and children to learn together
Peep-trained practitioners can use the Peep Learning Together Program to help parents/carers to:
- enhance the quality of the home learning environment by valuing and extending everyday learning opportunities, which contributes to school readiness
- develop secure attachment relationships with their babies and children
- improve children’s communication and language, social and emotional development, early literacy and maths, and health and physical development.
The Programme can be delivered flexibly by trained practitioners:
- in groups – targeted or universal
- one-to-one – in the home or other outreach
- in schools or in childcare settings
- in drop-in sessions
See www.peeple.org.uk/ltp to find out more.
Peep Learning Together Program training (2-day course)
The training equips practitioners from any professional background to:
- deliver the Peep Learning Together Program to parents and children together
- create their own Peep courses (by selecting from the program session plans and handouts)
- nurture the skills for working in partnership with parents, and building on what they already do.
Training includes online access to the Learning Together Program – 74 topics to choose from, with child development information, adaptable session plans and parent handouts.
Cost: $750. This includes training, all of the curriculum topics and all support materials.
Stay tuned for:
- A blended version of the training – half via video and half in person
- Dates coming up in the Fitzroy area
- More support for how to achieve school readiness goals for your community
Feedback from delegates in Victoria, asked if they would recommend the training
‘Practical information, relevant and validating for families. Easy to understand with great supporting documentation.’
‘Great opportunity to extend everyday learning opportunities for parents. Well delivered – made interesting throughout!’
‘Very encouraging delivery modelled by the trainers. Great resources. Great that the trainers could help give ideas to customise Peep for my playgroups.’
‘I am a social worker and counsellor. I now have a toolkit to structure group activities for parents and children. I love the emphasis on recognising and integrating everyday activities and skills in a friendly, supported group. Great skill building/sharing/recognition of what parents already doing.’
‘I would recommend it. This is a delightful program that supports and provides families with the opportunity to make friends and learn together in a non-threatening environment.’
To speak to someone about attending a training session email Anita.Kochanoff(at)bsl.org.au