Retail Assistants Moonee Ponds
If you value teamwork, respect, excellence and fun, join our large and wonderful team of volunteers working in our retail stores.
LOCATION: 24 Margaret Street, Moonee Ponds, VIC 3039
HOURS: Half to full day shifts available Monday to Sunday
“Convenient location – just next to the train station”
“Friendly and helpful team which will make you feel welcomed and supported”
“The opportunity to feel a valued member of the community by deciding to give back through volunteering your time and skills”
This is a great development opportunity if you are looking for a career in retail.
A large part of the success of our stores depends on the contributions made by our amazing team of volunteers.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and committed individuals to provide a high-quality customer service experience to the public, and to support paid and volunteer staff in the day-to-day operations of the store.
Main responsibilities of the role
Responsibilities will include welcoming customers into the shop, and assisting with any specific needs; cleaning, merchandising/stock presentation, all round customer service; ensuring all areas are clean including selling area, sorting area, delivery area, bathroom, kitchen and footpath; high-level customer service; and cooperating with colleagues to enhance the team effort.
To be a successful candidate for this position you will have:
- customer service skills
- ability to work well in a team
- a 'can do" proactive attitude and positive team spirit
- interest in retail and recycled goods preferred
- previous retail experience and / or experience in recycled goods would be an advantage
- a commitment to the objectives and success of the BSL stores
- understanding of and empathy with values and ideals of the BSL.
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire.
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.