Retail Assistant Hoppers Crossing
"Close to public transport and free car parking available."
"Key opportunity to gain retail experience."
LOCATION: 19 Elm Park Drive, Hoppers Crossing, VIC 3029
HOURS: at least 4 hours per day – Friday and Saturdays only
A large part of the success of our store depends on the contributions made by our amazing team of volunteers. Learn more about our stores.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and committed individuals to join our team at Hoppers Crossing and provide high-quality customer service to our shoppers and donors, and to support our team in the day-to-day operations of our store.
We offer a truly amazing retail experience for you to learn and experience what retail is all about. Such an opportunity can be invaluable for those wanting to work in the retail industry for the first time, or those with experience, who would like to get back into the industry.
Main responsibilities of the role:
Front of House – Customer Focus
Duties include welcoming customers into the store, and assisting with any specific needs; visual merchandising, stock presentation and creating displays; Point Of Sale, Eftpos, and all round customer service; store recovery – ensuring store is clean including counter area, bathroom and kitchencustomer service; working together with team mates to achieve our daily goals; and being creative with ideas to enhance the team effort.
Back Of House – Donation focus
Duties include greeting donors and accepting donations; organising donations into locations; sorting donations; learning to price items for sale; cleaning workspaces, ensuring everything has a home; rubbish removal; store recovery – ensuring the back of house is clean including workspace, floors, car park.
To meet the selection criteria, candidate will require:
- ability to work well with others
- committed and reliable
- organisational skills and an eye for detail
- interest in retail and recycled goods preferred.
- ability to adhere to OH&S policy
- open to learning new skills
- understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood, and a commitment to the objectives and success of the Brotherhood stores.
- customer service skills
- previous retail experience and/or experience in recycled goods would be an advantage
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire.
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.