Senior Research Officer, Housing and Communities
Dr Sharon Bond is currently a Senior Research Officer in the Housing and Communities Team.
She holds a BA (Hons) in Sociology and a Graduate Diploma in Education from the University of Melbourne, and completed a PhD in Sociology at La Trobe University in 2013.
Her doctoral thesis examined the ways in which younger Australians engage in social justice and action for the common good.
Sharon has been a researcher since 1999, working on small and large/national projects and using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
Since she joined the Brotherhood in 2007, a focus of Sharon’s work has been the supports that young people need to participate in school and make a successful transition into further study, training and employment.
- Equity and career development
- The transition from school into further training and employment
- Gender, work and economic security
- Collaboration and integration in community service development
- Social action and engagement