Kitchen Hand Banksia
Join our team at the Banksia Centre and support residents as part of our leisure programs that promote friendship and personal development.
LOCATION: Banksia Centre Frankston
HOURS: Wednesdays 8:30–4:00pm
We are currently seeking volunteers to assist with food preparation, kitchen hand duties, occasionally helping with the pick-up and return of members on the daily bus run, assisting staff and members with group outings and participating in activities on the floor. This is an interesting position that involves a wide variety of duties.
You will demonstrate a genuine commitment and interest in working with the elderly, have food-handling experience, an ability to work well with others and take instruction, plus well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
For further information please view the Kitchen Hand position description (PDF, 172KB)
About the program
Banksia Services provides practical support and respite care to enhance the quality of life of older people who are isolated in the community.
The Banksia Centre in Frankston offers a range of activities in a supportive and dementia-friendly environment. Read more »
Please email your expression of interest with an optional resume to volunteer(at)bsl.org.au
We currently have positions available at Frankston and Carrum Downs, so if applying for either of these roles, please indicate which is your intended location. Please be aware that the required hours are different for both positions.
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire.
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.