Assist in the delivery of Jindi Family and Community Centre's playgroups
** EXPRESSION OF INTEREST ONLY - NOT CURRENTLY RECRUITING **
The Brotherhood of St Laurence and Goodstart Early Learning have formed a partnership to develop Children and Family Centers across the outer Melbourne, with the first of these, the Jindi Family and Community Centre, opening in January 2015.
The partnership aims to develop new, innovative models to assists children, parents and communities to grow and thrive as they establish their lives in the growth corridors. Bringing together the Brotherhood's experience in family support and economic participation and Goodstart's vast experience in providing high quality early learning and social inclusion programs, the partnership delivers integrated,
multi-disciplinary support to children and families at a crucial point in their development.
The playgroup support volunteer’s key role is to assist in setting up and facilitating two playgroups on Tuesdays and Fridays (during school term) as well as to establish and maintain links with the participants and the playgroup team.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience or ability to work in a vibrant and busy group setting
- Ability to work with children and families from diverse backgrounds and support them from a strengths-based perspective
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in building positive and trust-based relationships
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a team environment
- Understanding of and sympathy with the values and ideals of the BSL and Goodstart.
We are looking for someone with:
How do I apply?
1. Understand if you’re eligible
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. BSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2. Provide your resume
Your resume should include your work experience relevant to this volunteering opportunity.