Media Club Assistant
Use your passion and experience to help students develop skills in photography, filming, radio, media, promotion and reporting
The Enhancement Activities Program aims to support disengaged students to improve connection to the school community and their engagement with learning opportunities, by providing a coordinated approach to before, during and after school activities.
An exciting opportunity has emerged within the Media Club Program to volunteer as a Media Club Assistant. Media Club gives students a voice, where they can communicate what matters to them as well as news events in their school, in a respectful, creative and engaging way. In this role you will be part of a team to support students to explore possibilities, learn new skills and have a voice in their school community.
This role will operate across the following two sites:
- Mahogany Rise Primary School, Forster Ave, Frankston North
- Aldercourt Primary School, Silver Ave, Frankston North
Please specify the location you are applying for in your screening questionnaire.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone with:
- Commitment and interest in supporting children and young people
- Passion and experience with media, film and television
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate and interact well with children and young people
- Demonstrated capacity to contribute to a team environment
- Commitment to the objectives and ongoing development of the program
- Understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the BSL
How do I apply?
1. Understand if you’re eligible
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. BSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2. Provide your resume
Your resume should include your work experience relevant to this volunteering opportunity.