Gardening Club Assistant
Help students learn new skills, have fun and develop self confidence through tending plants and growing food
The Enhancement Activities Program aims to support disengaged students to improve connection to the school community and their engagement with learning opportunities, by providing a coordinated approach to before, during and after school activities.
An exciting opportunity has emerged within the Gardening Club Program to volunteer as a Gardening Club Assistant. In a school garden students learn how to grow, care for, harvest and prepare a variety of fruit, vegetables and herbs. In this role you will be a part of a team to support students to build gardening skills in a friendly, non-threatening and supportive environment.
This role will operate across the following site:
- Aldercourt Primary School, Silver Ave, Frankston North
Please specify the location you are applying for in your screening questionnaire.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone with:
- Commitment and interest in supporting children and young people
- Passion and applied experience in growing, tending, harvesting plants / vegetable garden
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate and interact well with children and young people
- Demonstrated capacity to contribute to a team environment
- Commitment to the objectives and ongoing development of the program
- Understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the BSL
How do I apply?
1. Understand if you’re eligible
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. BSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2. Provide your resume
Your resume should include your work experience relevant to this volunteering opportunity.