Fitness Club Assistant
Support students to undertake fitness activities, including use of gym equipment, in a non-threatening environment
The Enhancement Activities Program aims to support disengaged students to improve connection to the school community and their engagement with learning opportunities, by providing a coordinated approach to before, during and after school activities.
An exciting opportunity has emerged within the Gym/Fitness Club Program to volunteer as a Fitness Club Assistant. Fitness Club is a great way to build confidence and skills, in a fun, non-threatening way, where young people can also create new friendships and reconnect with nature and our local environment. In this role you will be a part of a team to support students to undertake fitness activities, including use of gym equipment, in a non-threatening and supportive environment.
This role will operate across the following site:
- Monterey Secondary College, 20 Silvertop St, Frankston North
Please specify the location you are applying for in your screening questionnaire.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone with:
- Certification and experience in the fitness industry
- Commitment and interest in supporting children and young people
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate and interact well with children and young people
- Demonstrated capacity to contribute to a team environment
- Commitment to the objectives and ongoing development of the program
- Understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the BSL
How do I apply?
1. Understand if you’re eligible
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. BSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2. Provide your resume
Your resume should include your work experience relevant to this volunteering opportunity.