Early Years Program Assistant
Assist in the delivery of our Early Years program
Our Early Years program assists parents and their young children to learn together through play, and at the same time, assists parents to develop career pathways. Early Years uses an evidence-based intergenerational approach to assist parents to boost their financial stability through employment and education, while supporting children aged three and younger to get on with other children, learn and prepare for school.
An exciting volunteer opportunity has emerged within the Early Years team to provide support and assistance in the delivery of early childhood programs at our Connie Benn Centre.
We are looking for:
We are looking for someone with:
- Early Childhood tertiary qualification – minimum Certificate III Children’s Services (or working towards this qualification) or other relevant qualification;
- Sound knowledge of early childhood development and learning;
- Good interpersonal skills in building positive connections and trusting relationships with children and families from diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team environment and use initiative.
We are extra keen to involve people who have:
- Working knowledge of national and Victorian Early Years Learning Frameworks;
- Experience in a similar setting working with families from diverse cultural backgrounds and an ability to speak a community language other than English.
How do I apply?
1. Understand if you’re eligible
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. BSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2. Provide your resume
Your resume should include your work experience relevant to this volunteering opportunity.