Help maintain gardens across BSL's Banksia Frankston and Carrum Downs sites
The Social Connection & In Home Support program at Banksia Frankston and Carrum Downs offers a range of activities in a supportive and dementia-friendly environment. Members are encouraged to pursue past interests such as gardening or other outdoor hobbies. Art and music therapy, indoor bowls and board games are also on offer.
In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance of an already established garden, which is primarily used for consumers on site. The garden provides both fresh food for meals, but also for enhancing sensory experiences.
This role will operate across the following two sites:
- Banksia Frankston
- Banksia Carrum Downs
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone with:
- A genuine commitment and interest in working with older people and people with disabilities
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and take instructions
- Understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
How do I apply?
1. Understand if you’re eligible
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. BSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2. Provide your resume
Your resume should include your work experience relevant to this volunteering opportunity.