Activity Assistant - BSL Clifton Hill Aged Care
We are currently seeking reliable and empathetic individuals with strong communication skills to be involved in one on one and group socialisation activities with our residents.
BSL Clifton Hill Aged Care is a purpose built, 114-bed aged care residence providing residential care for older people in an environment that is responsive to the needs of each individual and fosters maximum resident independence and autonomy. BSL Clifton Hill Aged Care offers quality care and friendship in a warm and welcoming environment.
The Activity Assistant will assist with one on one and group socialisation activities with residents of BSL Clifton Hill Aged Care to include: providing companionship and communicating with the residents; assisting with lifestyle activities such walking groups, group discussions, barbeques, parties and functions; and facilitating activities such as board games.
What we’re looking for:
- Reliability and good communication skills, empathetic and patient
- A genuine commitment and interest in working with older people
- Ability to work well with others and take instruction
- High level of patience, compassion and an understanding of issues affecting older people
- Ability to use initiative and be responsive in situations
- Understanding of and willingness to promote and work within the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
How do I apply?
1. Understand if you’re eligible
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2. Provide your resume
Your resume should include your work experience relevant to this volunteering opportunity.
3. Fill out the screening questionnaire
4. Email your written application
Email your application to email@example.com