General Hand Electrical
Join our Social Enterprise team and help us prepare white goods and small electrical items for sale in our retail stores.
REPORTING TO: Team Leader Electrical
LOCATION: 2 Judge St, Sunshine
HOURS: negotiable, 8 am – 2.30 pm
Our sorting facility in Sunshine supports our 20 community stores through the collection and sorting of donated goods.
As part of this role, you can help us clean and prepare all white goods and electrical equipment for sale. You will move and organise electrical goods in a safe manner, attend to the sorting and disposing of waste product, and ensure work areas are kept clean and OH&S compliant.
This role requires some heavy lifting, moving and repetitive bending and lifting.
A manual handling certificate is desirable, as is strong understanding of OH&S practices.
To learn more please view the General Hand position description (PDF, 186KB)
About the department:
Our diverse range of social enterprises raise independent income vital for supporting the Brotherhood's innovative services. These enterprises span 20 community stores, a warehouse and sorting facility, an online bookstore and a donation collection service.
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.