Driver Banksia Centre
We are looking for a volunteer driver to assist with the transport of clients to and from activities at our centre in Frankston to the clients' homes.
LOCATION: Banksia Centre, 12 Inglis Avenue, Frankston
HOURS: Mondays or Fridays, 8.30–10am and 2.30–4pm
Our day programs provide practical support and respite care to enhance the quality of life for older people, people living with dementia, and people living with a disability.
We are looking for a volunteer driver to assist with picking up clients from their homes in the morning and returning them home again in the afternoon.
Drivers are welcome to stay for the day and be part of the program if they like. Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
You will need to fill the bus with petrol each Tuesday; assist the jockey to load walkers and wheelchairs into the bus ensuring they are securely fastened; and assist passengers in and out of the bus as required. You will also need to pass a driver's assessment test.
To learn more, view the Driver Frankston position description. (PDF, 28KB)
About the centre
The Banksia Centre in Frankston offers a range of activities in a supportive and dementia-friendly environment. Read more »
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.