Brotherhood Books team members
Book lovers delight! Join our dedicated team of fun and friendly bookworms in a variety of roles.
LOCATION: Brotherhood of St Laurence Warehouse, Sunshine
HOURS: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm
Brotherhood Books is our online book store that sells donated second-hand books, with proceeds raised going towards delivering the Brotherhood's programs and services.
We're offering opportunities to join our dedicated team, where you can use your skills and love of books to make new friends and gain valuable work experience in the booming field of online retail.
By joining our team, you will:
- sort donated books from among the mountains of donations
- pick and pack orders daily and dispatch with maximum efficiency
- upload books onto our website - basic computer skills will help. but are not essential
- carry out basic administrative tasks as required on a day-to-day basis.
You'll need to be a reliable and enthusiastic team player as you'll be working with others to achieve results. Some knowledge of books will be helpful, but not essential. You'll also need good communication skills and fluency in English.
You can contribute as little as half a day every week or two, with training and ongoing support provided. We do ask for a commitment of three months or more.
Download a position description for more information »
About Brotherhood Books
A positive, high-energy and enjoyable team of dedicated volunteers is behind the success of our online store. The bookroom is a mix of work and play with laughs echoing throughout every day. Our team consists of a very broad range of ages, life experiences and cultural backgrounds.
Visit the Brotherhood Books website www.brotherhoodbooks.org.au
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.