Retail Assistant Knox
If you value teamwork, respect, excellence and fun, join our large and wonderful team of volunteers working in our retail stores.
LOCATION: 425 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna
HOURS: 9am-5pm Mon-Wed, 9am-7pm Thur & Fri, 9am-5pm Sat and 11am-5pm Sun
DAYS: Mon to Sun
About our stores
While the Brotherhood’s Community Stores are a place where families and bargain hunters can purchase low-cost goods, they are also a social enterprise that raises much-needed funds for our charity’s work.
However that’s not all they offer - the stores pride themselves on being a place for community connection by providing friendly conversation, as well as offering locals job pathways and opportunities. Learn more about our stores.
"A large part of the success of our stores depends on the contributions made by our amazing team of volunteers."
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and committed individuals to provide a high-quality customer service experience to the public, and to support paid and volunteer staff in the day-to-day operations of the store.
- welcoming customers into the shop, and assisting with any specific needs
- cleaning, merchandising/stock presentation, all round customer service
- ensuring all areas are clean including selling area, sorting area, delivery area, bathroom, kitchen and footpath
- high-level customer service
- cooperating with colleagues to enhance the team effort.
Requirements for this role:
- customer service skills
- ability to work well in a team
- a ‘Can Do’ proactive attitude and positive team spirit
- interest in retail and recycled goods preferred.
- previous retail experience and / or experience in recycled goods would be an advantage
- pnderstanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood, and a commitment to the objectives and success of the Brotherhood stores.
Time commitment can be as little as half a day a week, with full training provided in a friendly and supportive environment. This is a great development opportunity if you are looking for a career in retail.
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire.
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.