Retail Assistant Greensborough
This is a great development opportunity if you are looking for a career in retail.
LOCATION: Rear Shop 6, 106 Main Street, Greensborough VIC 3088
HOURS: Mon – Sat
A large part of the success of our stores depends on the contributions made by our amazing team of volunteers. Learn more about Brotherhood community Stores at stores.bsl.org.au
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and committed individuals to provide a high-quality customer service experience to the public, and to support paid and volunteer staff in the day-to-day operations of the store.
- welcoming customers into the shop, and assisting with any specific needs
- cleaning, merchandising/stock presentation, all round customer service
- ensuring all areas are clean including selling area, sorting area, delivery area, bathroom, kitchen and footpath
- high-level customer service
- cooperating with colleagues to enhance the team effort.
- customer service skills
- ability to work well in a team
- a 'can do" proactive attitude and positive team spirit
- interest in retail and recycled goods preferred
- previous retail experience and / or experience in recycled goods would be an advantage
- a commitment to the objectives and success of the BSL stores
- understanding of and empathy with values and ideals of the BSL.
Time commitment can be as little as half a day a week, with full training provided in a friendly and supportive environment.
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire.
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.