To provide moments of relaxation, reminiscence and musical therapy.
HOURS: 1–2 hours per week
We are seeking a Pianist or Musician to play the piano or other instrument for our members. You will provide the opportunity for members to enjoy and experience the therapeutic benefits of music by creating that environment through music.
- a genuine commitment and interest in working with the elderly
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to work well with others and take instruction
- understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
About the program
Retirement and Aging provide accommodation, community care, residential care and day programs and aims to maintain, and improve where possible, the independence, health and quality of life of its clients and residents.
Banksia Services provides practical support and respite care to enhance the quality of life of older people who are living with dementia. Join our team at the Banksia Centre and support residents as part of our leisure programs that promote friendship and personal development.
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.