Kitchen Hand Assistant Banksia Carrum Downs
Join our team at the Banksia Centre and support residents as part of our leisure programs that promote friendship and personal development.
LOCATION: 65 Williams Road, Carrum Downs
HOURS: Wednesdays and Fridays, 9.00am - 2.30pm
"Morning tea and lunch will be provided at no cost."
We are currently seeking volunteers to assist with food preparation kitchen hand duties and your responsibility will be assisting the cook to create nutritional meals for our members, help to maintain the kitchen at standard in line with our Food Safety program.
- a genuine commitment and interest in working with older people and people with disabilities
- food handling experience
- ability to work well with others and take instructions
- understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
To learn more, view the Kitchen Hand Assistant - Banksia Carrum Downs position description (PDF, 101kb) or phone volunteer services on (03) 9483 1390.
About the program
Banksia Services Carrum Downs is a place of companionship and choice for members as they pursue lifelong interests and take up new ones. Our varied program of stimulating activities includes art and music therapy, chess and other board games, cooking lessons and classes in using computer tablets and the internet. Learn more about the program.
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire (DOCX, 82kb).
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.