Calling all physically fit, strong and friendly individuals who are able and interested in moving furniture and are great at puzzles (of the furniture-assembling variety!)
109 Brunswick Road
Moonee Ponds store,
24 Margaret Street
Monday to Sunday;
half to full day shifts available
Wednesdays and Saturdays
Our Brunswick and Moonee Ponds stores are looking for volunteers who have good customer service skills willing to assist our customers with their furniture purchases.
As part of this role you will:
- load and unload deliveries and pick ups from the store
- move and place furniture around the store as directed
- assemble furniture as required
- assist with sales if needed.
- being physically fit and able to move furniture around the store in a safe manner
- awareness of and ability to learn Occupational Health and Safety, and manual handling procedures.
To learn more, view the position description (PDF, 102kb).
About our stores
The Brotherhood of St Laurence operates 20 stores across Greater Melbourne. Read more »
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.