Our community stores across Greater Melbourne rely on goods donated by the generous public. We are seeking volunteers to further support our team to be able to ensure quality goods are flowing out to our stores more regularly.
Bentleigh store, 518 Centre Road;
Brunswick store, 109 Brunswick Road;
Kilsyth store, 235 Colchester Road;
Hoppers Crossing, 19 Elm Park Drive;
Moonee Ponds store, 24 Margaret Street.
Monday to Sunday;
can be as little as four hours.
Half to full days for Mon, Wed-Fri and Sun.
Join our friendly community of hundreds of volunteers that are dedicated to teamwork, respect, excellence and fun.
Our stores sell low-cost goods to families and bargain hunters, while raising much-needed funds for our charity's work. The stores also offer job pathways opportunities and a place for community connection.
As a donation sorter, you will sort and pack donations according to quality and category, and pack, rack and allocate sorted stock into appropriate areas as directed.
You will need:
- an interest in or knowledge of fashion and bric-a-brac
- to be physically fit
- to be able to identify clothing genders
- to read, write and follow instructions.
Download a position description for more information »
Applicants are required to complete the screening questionnaire
Before you apply
- read the position description
- read the what to expect section of our website that outlines what to expect when you volunteer; your rights and responsibilities; and what's involved in a formal application.
How to apply
- applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire
- applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting
- email written applications to: volunteer(at)bsl.org.au.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application then please contact our volunteer services team at volunteer(at)bsl.org.au or contact us on (03) 9483 1390.