From little things, big things grow! Fundraise for the Brotherhood of St Laurence and support our work to build better lives for all Australians.
Become a fundraiser today
Anyone can do it, anytime, and all the funds you raise can come directly to the Brotherhood so you don’t have to worry about collections.
By fundraising for the Brotherhood of St Laurence you are contributing to improving the lives of people experiencing disadvantage.
- $25 – can help supply nutritious breakfasts each weekday for primary school children.
- $200 – can help support our services for people facing crisis and hardship.
- $500 – can help our research into improving lives of older Australians experiencing disadvantage.
- $1000 – can provide nutritious meals for a month for our aged care residents.
- $2000 – can help invest in the future of youth education programs.
You’ll need to decide what to do and where to do it, but here are some ideas to get you started:
- Spring: boat race, swap shop, unwanted pressie sale, variety show, yoga class.
- Summer: BBQ party, car wash, head shave, teddy bears’ picnic, open garden, swimathon.
- Autumn: battle of the bands, comedy night, indoor games night, talent competition.
- Winter: mulled wine and cheese evening, knitting competition, quiz nights, afternoon tea.
Being organised is the key to a successful and happy fundraising activity, and your plan should cover:
- the activity
- raising the money
- timing and audience
- venue and weather
- budget publicity, the ‘big day’ and publicity materials.
Remember to be legal and be safe. Make sure you’re covered. There are laws that govern all charity fundraising activities.
Please refer to this helpful guide: www.fundingcentre.com.au/help/fundraising-legislation