MA, Doctorate of Letters
Conny Lenneberg is the Executive Director of BSL, a role she took up in January 2018. She has 25 years’ experience in the development and social justice sector, in Australia and internationally, from service delivery in the field to leading large teams and Senior Executive and Board roles. In Australia, her achievements include enabling partnerships with indigenous communities, government and business to build program strengths in Central Australia and the Pilbara. Internationally, for more than six years she led World Vision International’s humanitarian, community development and advocacy programs across the Middle East and Eastern Europe. More recently, she was the interim CEO of World Vision New Zealand.
Ms Lenneberg has a Master of Arts (Research) and Honorary Doctorate (2017) from La Trobe University, a background that reinforces her commitment to seeking out the best evidence to frame solutions for complex social challenges in the community. She is a member of the Nominations and Remuneration Committees.
- Monash Sustainability Institute Advisory Committee
- La Trobe Institute of Human Security and Social Change
- Collaborative for Mature Aged Employment
- Communities Council of Australia
- Community Aid Abroad, now Oxfam Australia
- Australian Council for International Development
- End Child Prostitution in Asian Tourism
- World Vision National Board in Romania and Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza
- World Vision National Advisory Committees in Lebanon, Albania, Armenia,