Store Manager - Geelong West
Hours: 38 hours per week
Location: Geelong West
Fun and outstanding opportunity to manage our brand-new store on Pakington St, West Geelong. With great hours and benefits! We are looking for someone who is energetic and motivated to grow in a renowned company; who loves engaging with customers, motivating people and taking ownership. If this opportunity excites you and you think “this is me”, then please submit your resume along with the screening questionnaire!
Summary of program and its objectives
The Retail Stores Group is part of Social Enterprise. The retail network was originally started as a fundraising venture to support and subsidise the community work associated with the Brotherhood’s vision of an Australia Free of Poverty.
Main responsibilities of the role
The Store Manager is responsible to manage staff and resources in order to ensure the operational needs of the store are met to maximise financial returns.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in store manager role
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team with the ability to supervise, mentor and support staff and volunteers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with a broad range of people at all levels and provide exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to recommend and make positive changes in the workplace
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendations
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to adapt to plan workload, priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to the changing demands of the business
- Demonstrated ‘can do’ attitude and a focus on achieving results and excellence
- OH&S training (5 day Representative Training) or willingness to complete
- Understanding of and empathy with the value and ideals of the Brotherhood
- Retail Certificate 3 or above
- Drivers licence
- Manual handling training (highly desirable)
- Visual merchandising training
- Previous experience working in large format and high-volume sales environment
- Experience in recycled goods will be preferable
This is a full time position, working 38 hours per week.
For further information about the role please view the Store Manager (PDF, 523kb) or phone Tracey Hall on 0428 945 729
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire »
Applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting.
Email written applications to: recruitment(at)bsl.org.au
Applications close: On-going from 1 April 2019
Please note: A Police Check will be conducted on the successful candidate. Applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting. All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In making an application for a position at the Brotherhood all applicants must:
- read the position description
- provide a brief cover letter
- complete the application process as specified in the vacancy. Failure to complete the application process as specified in the vacancy may result in rejection of your application.
- provide a current resume outlining your work history, details of any relevant qualifications and licences and two referees, either current or most recent Manager.
- recommended applicants will be required to undertake Psychometric testing. Further assessments may include skills testing and presentations.
Applicants not shortlisted for interview will be contacted as soon as practicably possible.
Please note: to apply or contact us via email, simply click on the email address given and this will open up a new email in the default email application on your computer. It is not possible to cut an email address directly from this webpage and paste it into the ‘To’ field of an email you’ve already started. This will insert the text ‘(at)’ into the email address. This is the result of spam-protection measures we have set up on our site.
Police and Working With Children Checks
The Brotherhood works with children, youth and vulnerable people and requires all staff to undertake a Police Check and, where applicable, a Working with Children check, prior to commencement. A person's criminal history does not automatically exclude an individual from working or volunteering at the Brotherhood. Police Checks are administered and paid for by the Brotherhood.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- For more information or assistance with your application, please contact the Human Resources Team on (03) 9483 2444 or email: recruitment(at)bsl.org.au
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like some more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application please contact our recruitment team at recruitment(at)bsl.org.au or visit Jobs at the Brotherhood on our website.