Relationship Manager - Bequests
Hours: Full time at 38 hours per week
Applications close: Sunday, 25 February 2018 at 5pm
An exciting opportunity exists for a Relationship Manager who will play a pivotal role in contributing to the Brotherhood's fundraising goals.
Summary of program and its objectives
Community Relations has responsibility for engaging and developing the Brotherhood’s community supporter base.
Main responsibilities of the role
The Relationship Manager - Bequest is a pivotal role within Community Relations division, contributing to the Brotherhood’s ambitious fundraising goals. This position is responsible for developing and delivering the organisation’s bequest strategy in line with its growth plans. The primary objective of this role is to ensure that bequest giving is promoted effectively, leads are cultivated and confirmed gift in will supporters are retained over time. The incumbent will need to use their outstanding relationship development skills and research capabilities to identify and develop prospective donors and to effectively steward confirmed gift in will supporters. Bequest communications and Estate administration are also key to the successful delivery of this role. In addition, this position will be responsible for coordinating the gifts in memorial program and related activities. This position is part of the fundraising team and also identifies and supports other potential donor and supporter categories, in particular major donors, regular donors and volunteers. .
To meet the selection criteria, candidate will require:
- demonstrated background (3 years+) in the not-for-profit sector with the design, management and delivery of bequest programs
- well-developed skills and experience in relationship management and story-telling
- capable of building rapport and engaging with a broad range of people
- an ability to clearly convey an organisation’s mission and inspire support for that mission amongst a wide variety of stakeholders
- demonstrated high level experience in managing donor relationships
- demonstrated experience in estates and bequests administration, including knowledge of legal requirements relating to estate matters
- demonstrated high level writing and presentation skills, including copywriting of materials targeted to different audiences
- well-developed knowledge and experience working with fundraising databases (thankQ or related system) including maintaining updated donor records and analysing data
- capability to successfully plan, co-ordinate and manage the delivery of events
- demonstrated ability to work autonomously, and collaboratively and flexibly as part of a team to achieve goals
- well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
- current Victorian drivers license
- understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
- tertiary qualifications or experience in fundraising, business, commerce or marketing
The position is full time at 38 hours per week. Salary will be between $70,000 to $77,000 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
For further information about the role please view the Relationship Manager - Bequests position description (PDF, 299kb) or phone Lauren Vertigan on (03) 9483 2442.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire »
Email written applications to: recruitment(at)bsl.org.au
Applications Close: Sunday, 25 February 2018 at 5pm
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation. Applicants should be aware that as required, we conduct police and working with children checks as we acknowledge the importance of Child Safety.
In making an application for a position at the Brotherhood all applicants must:
- read the position description
- provide a brief cover letter
- complete the application process as specified in the vacancy. Failure to complete the application process as specified in the vacancy may result in rejection of your application.
- provide a current resume outlining your work history, details of any relevant qualifications and licences and two referees, either current or most recent Manager.
- recommended applicants will be required to undertake Psychometric testing. Further assessments may include skills testing and presentations.
Applicants not shortlisted for interview will be contacted as soon as practicably possible.
Please note: to apply or contact us via email, simply click on the email address given and this will open up a new email in the default email application on your computer. It is not possible to cut an email address directly from this webpage and paste it into the ‘To’ field of an email you’ve already started. This will insert the text ‘(at)’ into the email address. This is the result of spam-protection measures we have set up on our site.
Police and Working With Children Checks
The Brotherhood works with children, youth and vulnerable people and requires all staff to undertake a Police Check and, where applicable, a Working with Children check, prior to commencement. A person's criminal history does not automatically exclude an individual from working or volunteering at the Brotherhood. Police Checks are administered and paid for by the Brotherhood.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- For more information or assistance with your application, please contact the Human Resources Team on (03) 9483 2444 or email: recruitment(at)bsl.org.au
- The Brotherhood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like some more information about our recruitment process or require assistance with your application please contact our recruitment team at recruitment(at)bsl.org.au or visit Jobs at the Brotherhood on our website.