Assistant Project Accountant
Hours: Full time 38 hours per week, part time 22.8 hours per week
Applications close: Tuesday 22 November 2016 at 5pm
We are currently looking for two Assistant Project Accountants (part time and full time) to join our Finance department. Reporting to the Project Accountant, this position will be responsible for providing direct support to the Project Accountant and at times to other team members within the Finance department around a variety of accounting functions.
Summary of the program and its objectives
The Finance department has responsibility for providing high quality information and advice to all levels of the organization plus developing and achieving best practice for the Finance function. This includes facilitating the Risk Management Framework. The Finance department is also responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate financial information, maintaining a strong system of internal control and facilitating the management of the organisation’s financial resources in an effective and sustainable way.
Main responsibilities of the role
The Assistant Project Accountant position is responsible for providing direct support to the Project Accountant and at times to other team members within the Finance department around a variety of accounting functions.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require
- relevant qualifications in Accounting
- proven experience in accounting or an equivalent accounting role
- demonstrated knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office Programs and Excel in particular for detailed spread-sheeting
- demonstrated analytical approach to tasks
- proven ability to work autonomously and effectively as part of a team to achieve outcomes
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
- committed to a ‘best practice’ philosophy
- understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
There are two ongoing positions available:
- position 1: full time, working 38 hours per week
- position 2: part time, working 22.8 hours per week
Salary will be in the range of $59,299.76 to $65,328.81 per annum based on skills and experience, plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging options are available.
For further information please view the Assistant Project Accountant position description (PDF, 268KB) or phone Jessica Kucy on (03) 9869 9588.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and address the key selection criteria as per the position description »
Email written applications to: admin(at)platogroup.com.au
Applications by: Tuesday 22 November 2016 at 5pm
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation. Applicants should be aware that as required, we conduct police and working with children checks as we acknowledge the importance of Child Safety.