About the program
Our Stronger Families program provides services to refugee families whose relationships are under strain, to help them overcome any problems that arise during settlement in a new country, and build and sustain healthy, happy relationships.
Qualified counsellors, social workers and family mediators provide support to families, individuals, couples and young people to strengthen refugee family relationships and achieve successful settlement in Australia.
Stronger Families is offered at throughout the northern and western Melbourne regions by staff from the Ecumenical Migration Centre.
Who is eligible?
Stronger Families is open to refugee families living in the northern and western regions of Melbourne.
Stronger Families services include:
- counselling and therapy for individuals, couples and families
- mediation and dispute resolution
- trauma therapeutic work
- support groups for men, women and families
- skills development in communication, relationships and managing conflict
- secondary consultancy, training and development for service providers
- telephone support and referrals
We acknowledge the following partners for their valuable contributions to Stronger Families:
Adult Multicultural Education Services (AMES)
Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs
Melbourne City Family Relationship Centre
Relationships Australia Vic
Brotherhood of St Laurence
Family Services Team Leader
Ecumenical Migration Centre
123 Brunswick Street
Fitzroy Vic. 3065
Phone: (03) 8412 8700